Dealing with Employment matters and the constantly changing law & regulations surrounding employment law can feel overwhelming. While running your business you will naturally be aware that you are responsible for your employees. Trying to do what is for the best for everyone can be a challenge.
WE CAN HELP
We have considerable knowledge of employment law, as experience of HR matters and are able to help with any employment situation.
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
- Employment Contracts, Policies & Procedures It is essential that any business has clear, well drafted contracts & policies to set out exactly what is expected of you & your staff. By having these policies in place, you can also feel confident that you are prepared for any problems that may arise. We can help you draft new contracts & policies or review & update existing ones you may already have.
- Disciplinary & Grievance Clear policies & procedures show your employees exactly what you expect from them & explain how you will discipline staff should they fail to meet these standards. Employee misconduct & grievances can have a serious impact on your business’s performance & lead to costly employment tribunals unless properly managed. We can help you have the relevant processes in place to encourage the behaviour you want & feel equipped to manage any issues should they arise.
- Employment Litigation & Dispute Resolution Disputes in the workplace can be time consuming & disruptive, leading to costly litigation or compensation claims. Therefore, it is important to try & resolve disputes as quickly as possible to prevent them escalating into formal action. You can resolve many disputes through your own existing whistleblowing policy or grievance procedures. Should the employee still have concerns, we can offer advice on the other forms of alternative dispute resolution that are available.
- Discrimination, Equality & Diversity As an employer you will be aware of The Equality Act 2010 setting out the characteristics protecting people from discrimination at work. Failing to comply could lead to costly tribunal claims. We can help you put the correct policies in place & advise on the steps you should take to deal with equality & diversity issues before they arise.
- Flexible Working There are certain guidelines you must follow when responding to flexible working requests. Flexible working is becoming ever more popular offering benefits to all involved. We can help you set up flexible working policies that work for you & your business whilst complying with all legal requirements.
- Redundancy & Settlement Agreement To make members of your team redundant is a difficult decision. It’s a delicate process for everyone & its important that the process is fair. There are rules & considerations you should be aware of before making employees redundant. We can help you decide if your situation warrants such action & the best way to handle matters, including the preparation of a Settlement Agreement setting out the terms of the redundancy.
- Terminating Employment If you are thinking about dismissing an employee, you need to be clear on why you want to dismiss them & how long they have worked for you. It is only fair to dismiss employees on the grounds of conduct, capability, redundancy, legal or some other substantial reason. We can help you make sure your procedures are fair & legally compliant.
- Transfer of Undertakings TUPE applies if your business is going through a change of ownership. TUPE ensures your employees are protected during any restructuring of your business. We can help you recognise whether TUPE applies in your situation & assist you in the relevant plans.
Contact us for more information & to talk through any employment issues or needs you may have.